Hi, I just wanted to give you all some guidelines for this year’s…
PUZZLE PRIDE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!
*cue the dramatic echo*
In past years, the winners have all been, for lack of a better term, high-profile. Which is fine, but I had originally intended the Puzzle Pride Campaign to be more accessible to the average Puzzle Piece. Whether this person is a friend, a care-giver, a family member, etc., is immaterial. I wanted this to be about YOU. So, this year, I’m giving more guidelines to foster the discussion.
1. All nominations must be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “PUZZLE PRIDE 2015” by 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 15, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE!
2. You may nominate up to three people for this award. You may even nominate yourself, if you so choose. You may NOT nominate yourself three times. Once you’ve used up your three nominations, they are gone. They are gone until next year.
3. The theme for this year (YES! We have a theme, this year!) is “A Source of Inspiration.” For this year’s award, I want the nominations to surround the Puzzle Pieces in your life who inspire you in any way, shape, or form. So, this means that the only people I should receive nominations for are people on the Autism Spectrum (Autisms, Asperger’s Syndrome, PDD, PDD-NOS, Rhett Syndrome, etc.). I want this to be about the people who deserve the most say in all of this: the people who hold a diagnosis, themselves, and inspire their loved ones in even the smallest of ways possible. Inspiration is inspiration, no matter the amount.
4. With this in mind, when you submit your nominations, make sure you have this person’s (or these people’s if you’re nominating more than once) permission to disclose his, her, or their disability(-ies) for the world to see. I don’t want to violate any HIPAA laws with this. So only nominate people who want the exposure.
5. Your nominations should also include a small blurb about why this person (for each person you nominate) should receive the Puzzle Pride Award in 2015. This is where you plead your case. What about him or her inspires you, and why should it inspire the rest of us? That is the kind of question you want to answer with this blurb.
So, now that you all know the rules for this year, I want to show you a sneak peak at what’s in store for the winner:
Suffice it to say, I’m aiming for this year’s prize is going to be more personal and more tangible for the winner than in the past. You’ll definitely like what I have in mind. DEFINITELY.
Get nominating, people! We’re counting on you!
All images and content on this blog are copyrighted by their respective copyright owners. Please do not reproduce anything on this blog without permission. Thank you.